1. Gravy says:

    That’s funny — this happened at my place a couple of months ago. Make the physical correction at the bank, where the personal funds are returned to their rightful owner. That should clear it up for when you reconcile later by appearing as a bank correction, unless the timing is such that’s it’s going to break over two months/statements.

    If it did, open the General Journal and debit the business bank account the amount of the cheque. Type in the explanatory memo and select the relevant name (probably the name of the bank account). Then credit your GL Clearing or GL account for the same amount with the same memo and name as above.

    When the next bank statement comes in short of the same amount, move it back onto the bank account by debiting GL and crediting the bank account.

  2. Courtney says:

    Assuming that you are a sole proprieter.

    Create an Equity account called “Owners Equity” for the deposit, it will show on your end of year reports that the owner put money into the busiess

  3. travelstyle says:

    hello there and thanks to your info – I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did alternatively expertise a few technical issues the usage of this web site, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of occasions previous to I may get it to load properly. I had been thinking about if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, however slow loading cases times will often affect your placement in google and can injury your high quality rating if ads and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Anyway I’m including this RSS to my email and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this again soon..

Leave a Reply